Kanyakumari is also known as ‘The Virgin Princess’, Cape Comorin, and ‘The Land’s End’. A tour of Kanyakumari is a great escape from city life. You can book Kanyakumari Local Sightseeing Tour Packages for an enthralling experience.
Kanyakumari is a popular tourist destination with abundant natural features including beaches, waterfalls, and a stunning landscape. Famous for its scenery, it is a must-visit site for everyone. It is a historical site rich with religious significance and natural wonders.
The confluence of the three major water bodies, the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea, and the Indian Ocean, makes it all the more magical. You can witness some of the most stunning scenery in this geographically unique place.
Kanyakumari, a division of Holidays DNA offers a curated list of Kanyakumari local sightseeing tour packages for a comfortable trip with your family, friends, and even colleagues. Our listed cab vendors from Kanyakumari take you around the city and keep your tour hassle-free. You can have a memorable time with your loved ones without worrying about the tedious task of planning the itinerary, selecting the sightseeing places, arranging cabs, etc.
In addition to this, you can also avail customized Kanyakumari local sightseeing tour packages. You can add your own places to visit and customize the tour package by our cab service provider. For those who want to spend time in the city and also visit the surrounding areas, our Kanyakumari tour packages with stay and hotel provide all the necessary arrangements.
The listed cab service providers make extra efforts to add convenience to your trip with customized Kanyakumari local sightseeing tour packages. Adding to the enjoyment, the trusted drivers and the cab services pick you up from the designated spot to take you to various sightseeing places in Kanyakumari.
Top Places to Visit in Kanyakumari local sightseeing tour Packages
Some of the places in Kanyakumari that you can visit on your Kanyakumari local sightseeing tour package include:
1. Kanyakumari Beach: Whether you love the crowds or prefer solitude Kanyakumari beach is the perfect site to visit. Its multi-hued sands make it captivating. It is popular for its jaw-dropping sunrise and sunset views.
The lighthouse and the surroundings also enhance its majestic charm. You can even spend the best time on a full moon night. You can witness the unique meeting of the three seas whose water does not mix. However, you cannot swim or surf on the waters since it is studded with jagged rocks.
2. Kumari Amman Temple: Dedicated to the Hindu virgin goddess, Devi Kanyakumari, it is a 3000-year-old temple. It is one of the 51 holy Peethasthans in India. Moreover, it is one of the 108 temples dedicated to Goddess Durga. Legend has it that this adolescent girl child is the manifestation of Adi Parashakti or Mahadevi. It also mentions Sage Parashuram performing the consecration of the temple.
Devotees flock to this sacred Peetha to erase the rigidity of their minds. Apart from spiritual significance, you can visit this place for its amazing natural beauty and ancient architecture. However, you cannot capture photographs inside the temple.
3. Sothavilai Beach: Spreading across 4 kilometers, Sothavilai Beach is one of the most famous and longest beaches of TamilNadu. During the 2004 Tsunami, it was one of the most heavily affected areas. Nevertheless, it has been refurbished and reconstructed to attract tourists. It is an ideal gateway for beating stress.
The shimmering white sands with high dunes and transparent azure waters create an enchanting appeal. Again, the quite shallow waters make it favorable for swimming. You can enjoy the panoramic views of the beach from the view tower. You can take a stroll, jog or simply sit and relax on this offbeat beach.
4. Tsunami Monument: Located near the southern shore of Kanyakumari, Tsunami Monument is a historical landmark. Built to commemorate the lives of people lost in the dreadful Tsunami on 26th December 2004. The underwater megathrust earthquake claimed more than 2.8 lakh lives.
The 16-feet memorial has been designed by the architect B. Kanagaraj Cangan. It depicts 2 hands, one holding the lamp of hope despite the transience of human life, and the other, holding back a gigantic blue wave. The plate below records the date and significance of this structure. You can take a stroll around this area and feel the absolute calmness.
5. St. Xavier’s Church: A Roman Catholic Latin Rite Cathedral, St. Xavier’s Church is dedicated to Mother Mary. It is a popular shrine to pray, take a vow, or offer gratitude. Built by St. Francis Xavier in the 1600s, it holds great religious and historical significance. The saint from Goa had received this land as a reward for assisting the king to drive away his enemy in a peaceful manner.
It has earned abundant fame and respect due to the recurrent miracles happening. It is a strong symbol of the amity between the two distinct cultures.
You can visit Sanguthurai Beach for a relaxing experience. Sunset View Point is another sightseeing place that is a great place for nature lovers. The surprisingly beautiful scenery takes you to a refreshingly different setup. It offers a splendid background for your pictures taking away the tiredness of city life.
In addition to our list of top cab vendors who offer Kanyakumari local sightseeing tour packages, we also provide Delhi local sightseeing tour packages, Chennai local sightseeing tour packages, Kolkata local sightseeing tour packages, Hyderabad local sightseeing tour packages, and Mumbai local sightseeing tour packages.
If you have an extra day or two, you can go to the nearby places from Kanyakumari by booking our Kanyakumari tour packages. You can avail an exclusive tour to places such as Courtallam Falls (98 km), Chitharal Jain monuments and temples (42 km), Thirparappu Falls (45 km), Mathoor Aqueduct (38 km), Mandaikadu Bhagavathi Temple (49 km), and Adikesavaperumal Temple (40 km).
Curious to explore Kanyakumari? Hurry, request a call back now to plan your Kanyakumari local sightseeing tour with our experts.