Kanyakumari is the southernmost tip of India. It was known as the ‘Cape Comorin’ or ‘The Land’s End’ during British Rule. It is located at the confluence of the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea, and the Indian Ocean. A small coastal town in TamilNadu, it showcases the perfect combination of nature’s bounty and architectural marvels. There is an extensive array of tourist attractions to explore the city on the 1 Day Kanyakumari Tour Package.
Kanyakumari attracts millions of tourists throughout the year with its pleasant atmosphere and beautiful scenery. You can obtain the best views of sunrise and sunset from the beaches of Kanyakumari. Clearly distinguishing green, deep blue, and the turquoise blue waters of the three seas, make it a great spot for tourists. Kanyakumari is also a significant center for art and religion.
Kanyakumari Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA offers a super curated list of 1 Day Kanyakumari Tour Packages for all types of travelers. Our listed cab vendors from Kanyakumari take you around the city without any discomfort. You can pick from the 1 day tour packages and have a memorable time with a cab to take you around for sightseeing.
The 1 Day Kanyakumari Tour Packages offered by cab service providers can also be customized. You can choose from the sightseeing places as per your interest. If you have more than one day at hand you can leisurely explore the city and surrounding areas with our Kanyakumari tour packages with stay and hotel.
Our 1 day Kanyakumari tour packages include listed cab service providers who make your tour enjoyable with comfortable sightseeing. The local drivers and trusted cab services provide you maximum security and convenience as they take you to various sightseeing places in Kanyakumari.
Top Places to Visit in 1 Day Kanyakumari Tour Packages
Some of the places in Kanyakumari that you can visit on your 1 day Kanyakumari tour package include:
1. Kanyakumari Beach: It is the meeting point of the three seas and you can even distinguish between them due to their varying colors. Although the rocky beach and the rough sea are unfavorable for water sports, like surfing or swimming, you can spend your time relaxing on the beach. Watch the waves as you admire the scenic beauty of the place. You can also enjoy shopping in the small shacks and stalls on the beach.
2. Thanumalayan Temple: Dedicated to Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh, Thanumalayan Temple is a 17th-century Hindu temple. It is famous for its four musical pillars carved out of a single stone. When struck by the thumb, they create different musical notes.
Explore the 30 shrines in the temple, including the 22-foot-tall statue of Lord Anjaneya and a massive idol of Nandi, one of the biggest in the country. Witness the beautiful gopurams, exquisite carvings, and splendid architecture of the temple. You can visit during the Rathotsav and Teppam festivals to learn about the local culture. Moreover, you can take photos of the 7-story temple tower, highlighted even from a distance.
3. Vivekananda Rock Memorial: Built in the memory of the Indian spiritual leader and philosopher, Swami Vivekananda, Vivekananda Rock Memorial is an imposing structure on a small island. It is assumed that Swami Vivekananda attained enlightenment after 3 days of meditation in 1892. Around 30 lakh people donated Re. 1/- each for its construction.
Legend also says that Devi Kanyakumari performed austerity on this rock. Covering 4 acres of area, it comprises Vivekananda mandapam and Shripada Mandapam. It also has a water reservoir, waiting halls, wireless communication center, power distribution center, and 2 helipads. Ferry services are available to reach the memorial from the mainland.
4. Our Lady of Ransom Church: Dedicated to Mother Mary, Our Lady of Ransom Church is a wonderful example of Gothic architecture. Built in the 15th century, it houses a saree-clad Mother Mary at the altar, and eye-catching carvings on the walls and the ceilings. The gold cross on the central tower enhances the magnificence of the church.
You can witness its splendor when it gets lit up in the evening. Against the backdrop of the blue ocean, it forms a scenic picture. If you visit it in the first weeks of December, you can be a part of the Annual Feast, which is celebrated over 10 days.
5. Kumari Amman Temple: Kumari Amman Temple is a 3000-year-old temple dedicated to Devi Kumari Amman. Legend has it that sage Parashuram consecrated it. It is also believed that some parts of Sati’s lifeless body fell on this location when Lord Shiva performed the dance of destruction.
Whoever comes to this shrine, and devotedly offers their prayers is blessed with peace of mind and spiritual energy. Hence, it is one of the 108 revered Shakti Peethas of the world. However, it is strict regarding the entry of only Hindus inside the temple premises. Besides the spiritual aura, you will also admire the splendid ancient architecture and its captivating beauty.
6. Sanguthurai Beach: A gorgeous white sand beach, Sanguthurai Beach is one of the cleanest and the calmest in Kanyakumari. The sparkling sea water is fascinating. This coconut- and the palm-fringed beach is just 10 km away from the main city. It is hence, the perfect retreat from the busy city life.
A conch-shaped structure, belonging to the Chola period, adds to the charm of the place. The splendid views of the sunset and the dazzling sun rays create a golden effect on the waters that soothe the human mind and soul. Being an offbeat tourist spot, you can spend quiet time with your family and friends.
There are plenty of other tourist attractions that you can visit in Kanyakumari if you have more time on hand. Prominent places in Kanyakumari are Thirparappu Falls, Padmanabhapuram Palace, Lord Subramanya Temple, Vattakottai Fort, Wax Museum, and Gandhi Mandapam. To add a bit of fun to your travel, you can visit Baywatch Amusement Park. Muppandal Wind Farm is another offbeat sightseeing place that you can explore.
Besides the top cab vendors offering 1 day Kanyakumari tour packages, we also have offers for 1 day Delhi tour packages, 1 day Chennai tour packages, 1 day Kolkata tour packages, 1 day Hyderabad tour packages, and 1 day Mumbai tour packages.
If you can spend an extra day in Kanyakumari then there are several nearby places to visit on your Kanyakumari tour. Besides the 1 day Kanyakumari tour packages, you can book an exclusive tour to places such as Courtallam falls (98 km), Chitharal Jain Monuments (42 km), and Mathoor Hanging Trough (38 km).
Get in touch with us now to experience the best of Kanyakumari in 1 Day!