Kanyakumari is a lovely seaside city in Tamil Nadu. Renowned as a key cultural, artistic, and religious center in the country, Kanyakumari offers an extensive array of tourist attractions to explore by booking a Kanyakumari City Tour Package.
Kanyakumari presents to the globe a fascinating combination of natural wonders and architectural marvels. It retains the heritage and spiritual charm of India. The beach city offers several opportunities for you to participate in enjoyable activities. You can plan an action-packed day in the city while enjoying water sports and marveling at the rich heritage of the region.
At Kanyakumari Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA we cater to all your travel needs whether you are on a family trip or planning a tour with your friends. We also have arrangements for team outings and even provide safe solo trips. Find the package of your choice from our curated list of Kanyakumari City Tour Packages.
Our listed cab vendors from Kanyakumari ensure that you comfortably and securely explore the city. You can book our city tour packages for a memorable time without getting stressed about anything.
In addition to this, all our cab service providers also help guests build custom Kanyakumari City Tour Packages. You can choose the places of your interest to build a customized tour package. If you want to explore the city and surrounding areas while staying in the city, you must check our Kanyakumari tour packages with stay and hotel.
Apart from the wide variety and customized Kanyakumari City Tour Packages, what set apart are the listed cab service providers who are always ready to take that extra step in order to make your tour enjoyable. They ensure that the trip is perfect. Adding to this are the trusted drivers and the cab services to take you to various sightseeing places in Kanyakumari.
Top Places to Visit in Kanyakumari City Tour Packages
Some of the places in Kanyakumari that you can add to your Kanyakumari city tour package are:
1. Kanyakumari Beach: Kanyakumari beach, located in the southernmost portion of India, is a beautiful beach renowned for being the meeting point of three seas. The sea is rough and the beach is rocky so it is not suited for water sports or swimming but the vistas are worth appreciating. Triveni Sangam point is a must-visit spot on the beach. You can also enjoy the stunning scenery from the iconic lighthouse watchtower.
2. Thanumalay Temple: Thanumalay temple, also known as Sthanumalayan Kovil, is a Hindu temple. The holy shrine is dedicated to Trimurthis located in Suchindram (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva). The lovely temple was restored in the 17th century, although its inscriptions date back to the 9th century.
The magnificent Thanumalay Temple is a work of architectural splendor. It features four melodic pillars cut from a single stone and positioned in the Alankara Mandapam region. These pillars are one of the temple's main attractions as they generate a variety of musical notes when touched by the thumb. Every year, hundreds of people go to the temple for the Rathotsava and Teppam festivals.
3. Vivekananda Rock Memorial: The Vivekananda Rock Memorial can be found on an island off the coast of Kanyakumari. It is set against the beautiful Indian Ocean. The 'Shripada Mandapam' and the 'Vivekananda Mandapam' are located on one of two nearby rocks extending out of the Lakshadweep Sea. Vivekananda Rock Memorial is located near Kanyakumari, some 500 meters east of the mainland of Vavathurai, and is accessible by boat.
The memorial was erected in 1970 on the island of Vavathurai. It is believed to be the location where Swami Vivekananda acquired enlightenment. The Shripada Mandapam has a study hall and a museum where you can learn more about Swami Vivekananda.
4. Thiruvalluvar Statue: A lovely monument, the Thiruvalluvar Statue is dedicated to the great philosopher and poet Thiruvalluvar. It is located on a tiny island near Kanyakumari. Thiruvalluvar was the author of Tirukkural, the ancient Tamil text, which has become legendary in the world of literature.
The monument towers 133 feet above the ground and is supported by a 38-foot pedestal. The height of the statue is indicative of the 133 chapters in the text, while the pedestal signifies the 38 chapters of morality in Thirukkural. Full of symbolism and cultural value, Thiruvalluvar Statue is a must-visit place for history lovers.
5. Kumari Amman Temple: Kumari Amman Temple, also known as the Kanyakumari Temple, is one of the most sacred temples in the world. The 3000 years old shrine is one among the 108 Durga Alayas and is dedicated to Goddess Kanya Kumari.
The deity is also referred to as Shree Bhagavathy, Shree Baala Bhadra, and Shree Baala by the devotees. Besides offering prayers, you must explore the beauty of the Dravidian architecture of the temple. The serene surroundings and the spiritual vibe of the temple will calm your senses.
6. Gandhi Mandapam: Kanyakumari, in addition to its picturesque beaches and cathedrals, is home to a massive memorial dedicated to the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi. The memorial honors and praises his efforts and sacrifice for the nation.
Built on the spot where Gandhi Ji's ashes were kept for the general public to pay respect, the memorial has huge historical significance. It was renovated and inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Puratchi Thalaivi Selvi J Jayalalithaa in 2014.
There are many sightseeing spots in Kanyakumari besides those listed above. You can also plan a visit to the other tourist attractions in Kanyakumari such as Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Sanguthurai Beach, Sothavilai Beach, Thiruvalluvar Statue, Sthanumalayan Kovil, Our Lady of Ransom Church, Thirparappu Falls, and Vattakottai Fort.
To add a bit of fun to your trip, visit the Muppandal Wind Farm. It is an offbeat sightseeing place in Kanyakumari. Witness the grandeur of the world’s largest onshore wind farm producing wind energy in India. You can also visit the Thovalai Flower Market to treat your senses to the beauty of one of the largest wholesale markets for fresh flowers.
Besides our list of top cab vendors offering Kanyakumari City Tour Packages, we have also created the top list for Delhi city tour packages, Chennai city tour packages, Kolkata city tour packages, Hyderabad city tour packages and Mumbai city tour packages.
If you wish to explore more of the region, you can include places around Kanyakumari in your Kanyakumari City Tour Packages. You can choose to visit interesting places such as Adikesava Perumal Temple (40 km), Padmanabhapuram Palace (29 km), Mathur Aqueduct (38 km), Courtallam Falls (98 km), Lord Subramanya Temple (16 km), Mandaikadu Bhagavathi Temple (49 km), and Chitharal Jain monuments (42 km).
Excited? Hurry request a call back from our experts now and witness the best of Kanyakumari!