Kanyakumari is one of the most widely visited tourist cities in the country. Blessed with natural abundance, there are a plethora of places for local sightseeing in Kanyakumari. If you are looking for a getaway in the lap of nature book the Kanyakumari Darshan Package.
Kanyakumari is home to the magnificent convergence of the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea, and the Indian Ocean. A natural miracle is that the water of the three seas does not mix adding to the uniqueness of the place. Besides the three seas merging at Triveni Sangam, there are several spiritual and heritage spots in the beach city.
The city features a mesmerizing landscape dotted with hills, coconut and palm-fringed beaches, and paddy fields. Kanyakumari is also the only site in India where you can see both the dawn and the sunset from the same beach.
Whether you are on a relaxing family trip or planning a refreshing tour with your friends, traveling with your parents or taking your children on a fun holiday, having an exciting day outing with colleagues or thinking about a calm solo trip, you will find something of your choice at KanyaKumari. Our super-curated list of Kanyakumari Darshan Packages is designed to meet the needs of all types of travelers.
Our listed cab vendors from Kanyakumari take you around the city with utmost convenience. With several Darshan packages, you can have a memorable time without worrying about gathering information about the sightseeing places or arranging transport.
All our cab service providers also allow you to customize your Kanyakumari Darshan Package by picking the places to visit. If you wish to explore more places around the city and enjoy a relaxing stay you can also check our Kanyakumari tour packages with stay and hotel.
Our customized Kanyakumari Darshan Packages are offered by trusted drivers and knowledgeable local cab services. Your comfort is their priority as they take you to various sightseeing places in Kanyakumari.
Top Places to Visit in Kanyakumari Darshan Packages
Some of the places in Kanyakumari that you can include in your Kanyakumari Darshan package are:
1. Kanyakumari Beach: Located in the southernmost part of India, Kanyakumari beach is renowned for being the confluence point of the three water bodies surrounding the Indian peninsula. The beach is not well-suited for swimming or surfing as it is rough and rocky but it is perfect for rejuvenating by the seaside. You can visit the Triveni Sangam point and also climb up the famous lighthouse watchtower to witness the panoramic views of the pristine surroundings.
2. Kumari Amman Temple: Kumari Amman Temple at Kanyakumari is one of the world's holiest temples. One of the 108 Shakti Peethas, this temple is the home of Goddess Devi Kanya Kumari, popularly known as the Virgin Goddess. It is a 3000 years old shrine with much spiritual and historical significance. The historic temple is also renowned for its architecture and visually stunning backdrop. This temple's spiritual aura, spectacular natural beauty, and historic architecture make it a must-see on your Kanyakumari Darshan tour.
3. Gandhi Mandapam: Kanyakumari, in addition to its beautiful beaches and churches, is home to a large memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation. Built to honour the notable figure, the memorial is located in the same spot where the urn carrying his ashes was kept for the public to pay their respects.
Following his death, the leader's ashes were divided into 12 urns and distributed around the country, allowing the general public to pay their final respects to this magnificent figure. Kanyakumari was one of them. During his lifetime, Mahatma Gandhi visited Kanyakumari twice.
4. Tsunami Monument: The Tsunami Monument is a one-of-a-kind edifice that is located on the southern beach of Kanyakumari. It was created in commemoration of the hundreds of individuals who perished in the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami that rocked the whole nation.
The natural calamity killed around 2,80,000 people not only in India but also in Sri Lanka, Somalia, Thailand, the Maldives, and Indonesia. People from all over the world come to pay their respects to the dearly departed at this monument. Experience absolute calmness and stillness as you stroll through the area.
5. St. Xavier’s Church: The St. Xavier Church, built by St Francis Xavier in the 1600s, is a prominent historical edifice of immense religious value located in Nagercoil's Kottar. The Latin Rite Roman Catholic shrine is dedicated to Mary. The church's spirituality, strength, and divinity draw people of various religions from all over the world. Thousands of Catholic pilgrims from as far away as Ceylon and Malacca attend the yearly celebration at St. Xavier's.
Along with these tourist attractions, if interested you can also plan a visit to other places in Kanyakumari such as Sthanumalayan Kovil, Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Thiruvalluvar Statue, Sanguthurai Beach, Sothavilai Beach, Thirparappu Falls, Our Lady of Ransom Church, and Vattakottai Fort.
To add a bit of fun to your trip, visit the Thovalai Flower Market. It is among the largest wholesale markets for fresh flowers. Muppandal Wind Farm is another offbeat sightseeing place. It is the world’s largest onshore wind farm and a major producer of wind energy in India.
Similar to our packages and list of top cab vendors offering Kanyakumari Darshan Packages, we also offer Delhi Darshan packages, Chennai Darshan packages, Kolkata Darshan packages, Hyderabad Darshan packages and Mumbai Darshan packages.
If you wish to visit a few places near Kanyakumari on your Kanyakumari Darshan Package tour, then you can choose to visit places such as Padmanabhapuram Palace (29 km), Adikesava Perumal Temple (40 km), Mathur Aqueduct (38 km), Mandaikadu Bhagavathi Temple (49 km), Lord Subramanya Temple (16 km), Chitharal Jain monuments (42 km), and Courtallam Falls (98 km).
Can’t wait to explore Kanyakumari? Request a call back now to build a custom Kanyakumari Darshan Package for your trip!